Bisson is fully operational but we understand there are a lot of questions and uncertainty about moving during a pandemic, and want you to know we are here to help.
Have your hours changed?
No, we are operating under normal business hours, M-F 8 am -5 pm.
Do I have to be present during the move?
You should be to help limit any confusion and make sure items are placed in the correct location. If you do not feel comfortable we can make arrangements to accommodate you on a case by case basis.
Are movers considered an essential service?
Yes, moving and transportation/logistics have been deemed an essential service by the Maine Governor’s office.
How do I get an estimate for my move?
Our move consultants are providing estimates through FaceTime, Skype, phone calls, and emailed lists with pictures. We are still working very hard to provide accurate estimates despite the circumstances.
What practices are in place to help protect your employees and customers?
- Employees that are able to are working remotely
- Move consultants are no longer doing in-home surveys (all video, phone, or email)
- Moving crews are social distancing, frequent hand washing and sanitizing, masks and gloves are available as well
- No hand shaking, customers are asked to maintain minimum 6ft. distance between all crew members
- Any employees that feel sick are not coming to work
- Restricted warehouse visits from customers to view their items in storage
- Sending pre-move questionnaires to customers before moving crews are dispatched to their homes
What about tipping? I don’t want to go to the bank for cash.
You can add a tip for the crew to your credit card charge after your move. We will then provide their tip out of petty cash and distribute it to them accordingly.
I have a white-glove furniture delivery scheduled, any changes here?
The same would apply as above, the good news is the crew would be wearing gloves regardless of a pandemic!
Other movers have closed, why haven’t you?
Bisson is an essential company for both our household goods and our freight division. We take our responsibility and our obligations to our residential and commercial customers very seriously. Properties are still being bought and sold, and it is important that moves are completed as scheduled.
Is there a deposit required or cancellation fee?
No. We understand there is a lot of uncertainty and some circumstances are beyond your control.
I need a file picked up or delivered from your Document Security division, is this still possible?
Yes, pick up and deliveries are occurring as they normally would.
What can I do to help?
- Provide hand soap and paper towels for the crew members. They have hand sanitizer in the truck but handwashing has proven to be the most effective method.
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Let us know if you are feeling sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick. Please.
- Communicate any questions or concerns with us prior to your move. We are all in this together and will do anything we can to help.
- Limit the number of people in the household on your move day. We understand this may not be possible with schools being closed and working from home.
- Providing bottled water or single serve snacks or lunch.
- Remember our crews are coming to work every day and putting their health and their family’s health at risk.
We are planning on relocating or reconfiguring our office, is that still possible?
Yes, in fact now is a great time to perform this type of work if you have staff working from home.
I want to pack my own boxes but I do not feel comfortable going to the store or using used cartons, how can I get some boxes?
We can take orders over the phone or via email, you can come to one of our locations (Westbrook or Brunswick) and we will load them into your car for you. We can arrange for home delivery for a small fee as well. Any unused cartons will be credited back to your final bill.
Should I wait to schedule my move?
No, we are currently scheduling moves into May and June. It is best to be proactive and begin the planning process early.
We look forward to helping with any of your moving needs and wish you good health and safety.